Thursday, April 10, 2014

Cookie Thursday

I started making an Insane Goal List back in 2012.  I had seen the idea on the Simply Rebekah blog.  It sounded fun so I gave it a shot.  Fast forward to 2014 and I am on my third Insane Goal List.  I love making this list.  I don't get everything accomplished, but I am amazed at how much I can get done.  In 2012, I really wanted to bake more cookies.  I felt like I never baked cookies for my kiddos, so I set the goal of baking cookies every week for the year.  It morphed into a different cookie recipe every week for the year, and it was so much fun I kept it up for most of 2013 too!  I dubbed that saga Cookie Thursdays.  

My husband thinks I should have Cookie Thursday for my blog (not sure if he is thinking about the blog or his tummy), but I do miss making cookies weekly.  In honor of husband I am making his very favorite cookie, Hidden Acres Monster Cookie.  Every year we camp at Hidden Acres, and they have some of the best cookies!  Here is a photo of my man during one of our family cookie bakes there...
 

Hidden Acres Monster Cookie

  • 1/4 lb. butter, softened
  • 1 cup Granulated Sugar
  • 1 cup Brown Sugar
  • 1 cup Peanut Butter
  • 3 Eggs     
  • 1.5 teaspoon Baking Soda          
  • 1 teaspoon Vanilla            
  • 4.5 cups Oats                      
  • 1 cup Chocolate Chips    
  • 1 cup M & M's            
Mix butter and sugars together.  Add peanut butter and mix completely.  Add eggs one at a time, combining completely after each egg.  Mix in everything else one at a time in the order given.  Bake for 10-15 in a preheated 375 degree oven.  Makes about 2 dozen large cookies.  

I make some with my largest scoop, and then some more bite sized with my smallest scoop.  Here is one of the babies:)  So Yummy!



No comments:

Post a Comment