Thursday, January 2, 2014

My Iowa


What to blog, that is the question.  Choose a topic they say, well: I sew, but there are tons of great sewing blogs.  I bake, lots of blogs about that too.  Homeschooling?  You guessed it, lots of blogs on that too.  So, I guess that leaves my life in Iowa.  There are blogs on life in Iowa, but not my life so I am going with it.  So here goes...

I love Iowa.  It's beautiful here.  I am not originally from Iowa.  Nope, I'm a transplant; but this place grows more than corn...it grows people too.  I am from Michigan originally, Detroit to be exact.  I am very proud to be a Michigander!  I always will be until the day I die.  However, I love Iowa.


It's beautiful here.  Not in a breathtaking mountain view way, but it is beautiful.  It's rolling fields of green and skies so blue.   In case you are unfamiliar with Iowa, it is NOT flat at all!  We grow corn and soybeans (and pigs), not potatoes.  Most of us live in the city, not on a farm; but I wish I lived on a farm.  Just a small one, nothing too big. 

What to expect from this blog?  A little of everything...some baking, some sewing, some homeschooling, and a whole lot of Iowa.  I hope you'll visit.





No comments:

Post a Comment